Saturday, March 26, 2011

Always Only Average

I got my final report today. It made me realize something.  


I’m average. 


I’m a 75%. I’m not fit, but not morbidly obese. I’m not a terrible writer, but I’m by no means a great one. I’m a good cook, but I have enough failed dishes to cancel out my spectacular ones. I don’t fit in either BD I or BD II. Mixed episode is the keyword. Not one or the other, just a bit of both.  


I’m not a bad person, but I’m no fucking angel either. I’m not a great girlfriend, and I try to fix that every day, but hey - at least I’m not a total bitch.


I’m stuck somewhere here in the middle. I can go up or down. No incentive for either. I have no drive, no motivation, no hope, because my life isn’t bad enough. I have no satiety, no calm, no fulfilment, because I’m just not good enough. So I’m stuck here. I’m not special. I’m not a beautiful and unique snowflake. I’m the same decaying organic matter as everything else. I have no where to go from here. Not up or down. Fight Club hits me whenever I uncover a truth. Tyler Durden says “Only after disaster can we be resurrected.”.


I’m average. I don’t have a disaster, or a resurrection.




The little things,  little things they always hang around  
The little things  little things they try to break me down  
The little things  little things they just wont go away  
The littles things  little things made me who I am today  

4 sympathized:

Anonymous said...

you are soooo above average. :) xxx

Thresia said...

Trill, I wish I lived somewhere in Delhi, and that I could have hugged you right after I read this.

Thresia said...

Trill, I wish I lived somewhere in Delhi and that I could have hugged you right after I'd read this post.

AD. said...

hm. You, of all people shouldn't feel average. It is my view that any woman who is a dedicated a cook as you are, is never average.