Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Better Off On My Own

I have wasted a large majority of my life simply taking the shit people throw at me.
I'm weak that way, and I recognize it. I crave approval. I will go out of my way to do nice things for these people, for their acceptance. But not just for their acceptance alone. I do it because I genuinely care for them. I enjoy doing nice things for them. I enjoy making them happy.

I realize now, though, that I can't keep living my life like this. There's no point trying to keep a flame alive if it's dead. I don't need to take the constant shit, and the pain and humiliation. I'm fairly certain I'd do fine without them.

So I'm through. I'm through running after them, trying to please them, trying to make them happy. It's not my job to guarantee their happiness when they can't even deign to be nice to me.

This is my 'FUCK YOU'.
If you don't want me, I don't have to give myself to you.


I tried to be perfect, but nothing was worth it,
I don’t believe it makes me real.
I thought it’d be easy, but no one believes me,
I meant all the things I said.


If you believe it’s in my soul,
I’d say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show,
That I'm trying to let you know,


That I’m better off on my own.

4 sympathized:

Anonymous said...

you know the fact that you use moderation just shows how much you care about what people think of you! because you are anyway going to read the nasty comments so if it has to it will anyway get your morale down but you dont want other people to read anything nasty about you or your writing which defeats the entire purpose of this post!

Trillian said...

The reason I use moderation is to keep trolls away.

Sure, I get to see their comments anyway, but they don't get the satisfaction of seeing their comments published, which dissuades them from commenting.

Which is the whole point.

I published you comment, because as mindless as your argument is, you aren't a troll.

See, now?

Dodger said...

They?

Anonymous said...

so tired of visiting your blog n finding nothing new!