Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Survived Another Year, Bitches

I turned seventeen this past Saturday.

On Christmas Eve, I went out with a couple of people to celebrate. My boyfriend was out of town, and my real friends busy with family and work things, so I went out with the people I call my ‘party friends’. They’re perfectly good people, and I enjoy there company, but only when it is accompanied by the company of alcohol. They’re fun to go drinking with, and party with, but our personalities don’t really match when the sun comes back up.

They’d been trying to get me to come with them to some lame party, and I only gave in at the last minute, and only because the thought of spending my birthday alone depressed the little hint of party girl still intact, deep down inside me. The party in question was a Gossip Girl ‘concept’ party. One was apparently supposed to dress as a character from the show, and there were supposed to be ‘blasts’ throughout the party, according to the facebook page. What actually transpired was just another lame party. No one dressed up as anyone else, there were no ‘blasts’ and quite frankly, it was as far from the class of the upper east side as possible.

As bad as the party was, though, I must confess, there were bits I kind of enjoyed. I enjoyed sitting at a VIP table, away from the plebeians. The thing I hate most about these parties is consorting with the stupid and the vulgar; a loathing rendered redundant when you’re a VIP. I loved the taste of Jack after such a long time of drinking the cheapest thing on the menu. I loved having a Jack and coke, followed by a Jack and water, followed by Glenlivet on the rocks, whilst the girls I was with took shots and drank their ‘blairtinis’. I loved wearing my new ASOS PERFORMER Multi Buckle Platform Shoeboots. I liked relaxing, not thinking about anything but the moment. I find it hard to relax at parties specially if my boyfriend or real friends are there. I feel most relaxed in a room full of strangers, to tell you the truth. I loved letting go, and just being, for once.

I almost managed to get into the house music. Almost.

I did something quite cool the next day too, but that’s another story.

4 sympathized:

Murder Me said...

Another story? Fuck you.

Anonymous said...

Dude, Either write or leave. The in between that you throw at us is really not cool.

Anonymous said...

Just because people can't afford a VIP table does not mean they're "stupid and vulgar". And plebians? what are you, royalty or something?

Dodger said...

Another story? Fuck you.